Thursday, July 16, 2009

Happy Birthday Brad!

Happy Birthday Brad!!!
Today Blake's younger brother Brad turns 23! Wish we could be there to celebrate with him!

This past weekend we spent in Fayette, MO for Jessica and Timothy's wedding. It was beyond perfect, so elegant (and the food was amazing). I have never seen my friend look so beautiful and happy and we were thrilled to be a part of their day. I am going to try to post pictures, but unfortunately my camera AND computer both hate me right now and are refusing to work properly.

The house is coming together nicely- this weekend we will be home with no plans, then here's how the rest of our weekends go:
Kristina's (my sister-in-law) baby shower in Columbia July 25th- yay for another niece!!!
Amy's (my Little) wedding in STL July 26th- I'm the guest book lady
Jeni's (Brad's fiance) 21st birthday in KC August 1 & 2
Madera and Savannah (our nieces) for the weekend August 8 & 9
Blake in Houston, TX for a compounding class (and my parents are stopping by on their way to TX) August 13-16
Housewarming Party August 21st, right before Blake starts school

And I have a show in August and two in September! It's been wonderful seeing everyone this summer for various weddings and other events, but man it sure has flown by!!! Oh well, this fall we'll turn back into hermits with Blake studying all the time, so it's good we're getting out and doing stuff.

Hmmm, what else is going on in our lives?

Blake's mom Judy was in town this past Tuesday. It was really good to see her- she was down here for her new job and it looks like our area will be a part of her new route!!! We had dinner at a yummy mexican place called Compadres, then we picked out her and Darrel's housewarming gift for the our new place- a new patio set! We're already planning to grill out this Friday and eat on our new stuff:)

We got our tickets for Wicked! We're going August 4th- I am so excited- I've been telling Blake I wanted to go to this since we moved here last year!

We've been doing a Bible study this summer by Rick Warren called 40 Days of Love. We're not crazy about the study, but we really like our small group. It's been good for us to be involved in something weekly since we can't go to church every Sunday since we're out of town a lot. Our church does have pocasts of the sermon though! The sermons have been in correlation with the study but we get a lot more out of the sermons than we are the study.

Well, I'd say that's a pretty long recap on the Crocketts! How is everyone else's sumer going?

No comments: