Ok, I've been meaning to post about this for awhile, but I wanted to have enough time to do it right. The weekend Blake and I went to Oklahoma, we went back to Lamar for the rest of the weekend. That Sunday, Blake's dad, Darrel, told us about a calf born that morning. It's mom had given birth right in the cold creek:( When he went out to check it, I asked to go with him.
When we got out there, the calf was still laying on the ground, it hadn't gotten up to nurse the way it should have, so he tried to help it up. It wouldn't get up, and it had been too long for it to go without nursing, and it was so cold, so we decided to bring it up to the house and try to get it warm.


Darrel let me rub her down with towels, and she was so cute!!! She started sucking on my fingers and mooing at me! We gave her some calf formula and then encouraged her to stand on her own.
Darrel said I was a good nurse, and he let me name her! So... meet Finley!!!!

1 comment:
FINLEY!! What a cute name. Those are great pictures - how cool is that?? You got to play with a baby cow!! How cute!!
Post a Comment