We had a fabulous weekend! Blake's surprise party was on Friday night and he was very surprised and so happy! It meant a lot to both of us to have so many people there to celebrate his birthday and acceptance to Pharmacy School! On Saturday we both went and got fitted for new running shoes. Blake got a pair of Brooks and I got the new Saucony Paramount!!!
Blakes:

Mine:

Then we hung out with my parents, Carrie, Shane and Madera on Saturday for a bit- we had yummy Mijuri sushi for lunch- we were in heaven!!! When they all headed out Blake and I crashed and napped for about 2 hours. Lazy night:)
Sunday: Went to the first ever 11:30 service at James River Assembly! Next week we'll go to the 8:30 since Blake has to work, but we (I) slept in this Sunday. Then we met with our new financial guy and invested some $.
Then it was time for the long run. Blake came along and did 3.1 miles, while Addie and I did 6 in about 80 min. We ran a LOT more than last weekend and I was pretty sore last night, but not too bad today- we'll see how I feel after our 3 miles tonight. Good news- even though we ran a lot more, I had zero blisters (thank you Peds socks and new shoes).
I start freelance work this week, just have to figure out all this tax stuff.... and when I'll have a life. I figure I'll be working another 7-10 hours a week, which isn't too bad, but it will be after work and on the weekends, plus with my training schedule I'll be a busy bee!
Today I love: My husband- it's his 24th birthday!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment